My job involves searching for “lost” quotations –
that is, trying to find out who came up with
a quotable saying that lingers in someone’s mind
and which they wish to use for their own purpose
and which they cannot find in conventional dictionaries of quotation.
– Nigel Rees
In today’s age, we are bombarded with the quotes of others. Some are powerful. Some are inspiring. Some are misattributed. Some are false. Still, we find the ones that literally speak to us and then we fold our own lives into someone else’s words. Personally, I love quotations. Not because they replace original thought but because they incite a new way of thinking, show a path not previously thought of, or reinforce the direction I am going.
Carefully chosen quotations are, like a soundtrack to a film, can help you transform or manifest the way you feel. They can be extraordinary, in fact, in providing connection and meaning and rouse us to new heights. A great quotation can set the tone for what you are accomplishing.
My birthday is tomorrow and, as my gift to you, I want to share with you 10 of my favorite quotes for contemplating what has gone on during the past year and for crafting a strategy for the next year; comments from others to think upon and help move you into an even greater lifestyle.
10. “I keep to this routine every day without variation. The repetition itself becomes the important thing; it’s a form of mesmerism. I mesmerize myself to reach a deeper state of mind.” – Haruki Murakami
9. “Whatever you want will be.” – Chan Canasta
8. “How often are these little tragedies repeated in your life?” – Demian Farnworth
7. “Those who cannot change their mind can’t change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
6. “If you could sit down with God and ask one thing, what would it be?” – Alan Watts
5. “Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.” – Dan Brown
4. “There’s not a single muscle of my body that isn’t for a purpose.” – Ronda Rousey
3. “What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.” – Alexander Graham Bell
2. “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
So . . . my birthday wishes for you . . .
Create the life you want.
Love the people you want.
Embrace the wisdom you want.
Live the joy you want.
Here’s to a marvelous and magical and mighty year together.
May it be a year for you of walking on air!
Remember, you can also continue this conversation by subscribing to my blog at http://thinkingmagically.com or you joining me on any of the major social media sites to take this discussion to an even deeper level.